This is a journal of sorts. A compilation of thoughts, dreams, ideas and misfortunes. This is a collection of experiences shared with people that I've met as well as a walk through this world of mine. This is also a collection of interesting things I've seen or read on this wonderful world we call the internet.
Saturday, September 01, 2012
18 Rules to live by...
These are thoughts of the Dalai Lama, one of the great spiritual leaders. I think these thoughts transcend religion, government and any other belief systems.
Read. Enjoy. Discuss.
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs: 1. Respect for self 2. Respect for others 3. Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.