Friday, December 01, 2006

9 months is a long time, but it's not

I'm tired, my eyes are in pain and I've got a headache. The tv is on in the background, I'm wearing dirty work clothes and my pits are stinky. There are two dogs and a cat behind me and I'm starting a blog.

9 months ago I posted my St. Patricks day blog. I've recieved various responses to it, but nary a comment. I wish I had something enlightening to say but I don't. Perhaps there is a word or two that will issue forth and strike a chord with someone in some place.

Since I don't know what to say I'll talk about television commercials for a minute. I love the Geico commercial that shows the caveman in the airport, he sees the Geico ad on the airport wall, and starts to look very pleased with himself, yet also a bit shy about it. I think this is one of the best commercials I've seen for Geico. The caveman route had me confused at first though. But it's grown on me.

I'm really appreciative of the agency that has been putting the Geico ads together for the last few years. The Gecko is one of my all time favorite spokes-animals. To give him a British accent makes it so much more tolerable. After all afixxing a British accent to anything automatically lends credibility. I'm not sure why that is so. But would you rather your neurosurgeon have a British accent or a Texas Drawl?

"Way-ull, ya see that there dark sumbich in that MRI scan, that there is a fibrous cyst that is applying pressure to the medulla oblongata and the way it's growin' way-ull let's just say it's fixin' to spread to this here optic nerve and you ain't gonna be seein' much if that li'l of a tumor has it's way."


Oh yeah, I want you to cut open my head. Please do it now.

But a British accent, he could tell you anything and you'd believe it. "Quite roight, sir. This oddly shaped mass is growing at an alarming rate. Forthwith I think we should expedite the excision and get on with it."

I don't understand what you just said, but please, please keep talking.

So yeah, I'm a punk for not blogging. But I think I'll do it more often.

No comments: