Saturday, December 18, 2004

William Sherman

William "Tecumseh" Sherman should be well known to all Civil War history buffs. Moreover he should be well known to all Americans for his quotations. He was a clever wordsmith yet always said exactly what he felt. I'm going to use this blog to highlight some of his words.

I make up my opinions from facts and reasoning, and not to suit any body but myself. If people don't like my opinions, it makes little difference as I don't solicit their opinions or votes.


If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast. (My personal favorite here.)

If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve.

It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. War is hell.

The carping and bickering of political factions in the nation's capital reminds me of two pelicans quarreling over a dead fish. (Even then it seems.)




No comments: